Monday, December 3, 2007

Found: joy

Last week I rediscovered joy.

I made the conscious choice to enjoy motherhood. That may sound silly. But other mothers can agree that motherhood can be draining and the joy can be diminished by the mundane duties of dishes, laundry and diapers.

I had a "come to Jesus" moment last Monday and Bruce made a simple yet profound statement..."it's most important to me that you enjoy our two boys". WOW! I was so caught up in grocery runs, picking up toys, discipline, cooking dinner, paying bills, and returning emails that i was missing the joy of my boys!

(tilt your head to the left while watching...sorry, it's so hard to find a good camera-lady these days)

*and yes you did hear Bruce in the background discussing his bodily functions with Quade.

5 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Great reminder. As a SAHM it is so easy to get caught up with those not so fun activities and there are so many fun things each day that we need to focus on.

Christina said...

such a happy baby!

Erin said...

I'm so glad you found your joy! Yes, it can be quite easy to misplace. :)

Misty said...

Yeah for laughs! What a fun development. Thanks for the encouragement...it's all about the small moments, heh?

The Fanks said...

Thanks, Heather.