Friday, May 23, 2008

A healthy tip

If i'm not going to go to fast food restaurants (as much) I needed quick and easy, healthy lunch ideas. Sooo I've been preparing a huge salad with veggies on Mondays when i get home from the grocery store. Then i just eat off the salad each day for lunch. it's been working so far.

My current "recipe" is below. feel free to add or remove whatever you want!

I also recommend raspberry walnut dressing.


Bagged romaine lettuce
chopped red pepper
chopped cucumber
hearts of palm
shredded carrots
chopped celery
chopped red onion
white beans



you can add chunks of chicken when you eat it for lunch if you need protein and don't like beans.

Bon Appetite and healthy eating!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Thanks for the nudge. I have been thinking about this since my visit and I really need to do this. I used to do this a long time ago--no red peppers or beans but again I am not in Texas.

The Fanks said...

Do you think you could fix a salad for me?

Christina said...

i like this idea. i wash all my lettuce and salad fixings right when i get home from the store. it is amazing how quick you can throw a salad together once every thing is washed!

Misty said...

awesome idea! lunch can get so harried trying to feed the kids, it's great to have a go-to healthy meal.