Thursday, June 11, 2009

it could have been worse...

(the title for this post comes from a little book we read the boys about a mouse who keeps avoiding disaster after disaster, but thinks he's had a hard day. when he finally gets home his mom says "it could have been worse") .

For all you non-dallas readers, we've had quite a night and morning here in the DFW area. Heavy rain, thunderstorms, etc..

The term "timing is everything" was brought to life in our family today in a couple of ways.

1) I was at the gym this morning, finished my work out and had just lathered my hair with shampoo when the electricity went out. Actually not bad timing b/c at least it wasn't during my work out and i was completely able to shower in the dark and found it quite relaxing. =)
I had decided that i could go to my dr appt that morning with wet hair and it would be no big deal (since there was torrential rain outside).
However, just when i was ready in my regimen to dry my hair the electricity came back on! (it's the small things).

2) Bruce took the boys to camp this morning (so i could work out and go to my dr appt). When he got home he opened the gate and garage and parked in the garage. Then the electricity at home went out.
The timing on this was good b/c if it had gone out a second earlier he would have been tempted to pull into the driveway to park and not go in the garage...which would have meant that a huge tree limb would have landed on the suburban.

3) Unfortunately, when the electricity came back on bruce was unable to get the suburban out of the driveway b/c of the huge limb that was in the way and kept the fence from opening. But my manly man was out in the pouring ran with a handsaw cutting through that tree so that we could get the car out to go pick up the boys.
we were about 15 minutes late to pick them up...but IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christina said...

wow! i didn't realize yall got hit so hard.it was terrible here.