Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My current faves

I realized that the end of my pregnancy and the beginning of this newborn phase i have developed some new favorite things that i wanted to share.

1) Food network

my sister told me about the shows "Chopped" and "next food network star". I had always thought it was ridiculous that there was an entire channel devoted to food...what an indulgent society we live in. However, i am a changed lady. I LOVE this channel. It has inspired me to try new recipes and appreciate different foods. since i am officially a stay-at-home mom more than a speech-language pathologist i figure that cooking is something i am going to be doing a lot over the next 20 odd years. So i'm happy that perhaps i can enjoy the process a little more thanks to the food network.

2) Baby log application on my itouch
This application has made me use my itouch more than ever. It's like that itzbeen device...tracking feedings, diaper changes, sleep, baths, and "other". It's awesome!
Also while i'm nursing and have access to wifi i can surf the web and check my email. love it! Oh and it makes a great night light to guide my way in a dark bedroom and to check on baby Watts when he makes little squeaks.
3) Pampers newborn diapers
first of all i love how tiny they are compared to Price's gigantic size 5 diapers. secondly, they have advanced the technology of these diapers and a yellow strip in the front turns blue when the diaper is wet...taking the guesswork out of whether it needs to be changed. Unfortunately my gigantic baby only wore newborn diapers for a week. =(


4) Sonic happy hour

what a fabulous idea! half priced drinks from 2 to 5! amazing. Nothing like a 44 oz cherry limeade for a dollar to turn this frown upside down. And for another dollar i can make two little boys happy with cranberry juice slushes. Especially on a 103 degree day...yum-O!

6 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Sonic Happy Hour is one of my fav's as well. I became addicted while pregnant.

jonathandeatherage said...

so excited for you about #1 :), I totally do the same thing with my ipod- but didn't know about that app, must add it!!
erin

Christina said...

i can't wait to download the blackberry application. maybe i will do that this weekend. i hope it is almost as good otherwise jeff's itouch is going to the shop! i love sonic happy hour -- but even more when i accidently show up during happy hour :) last night IN BED we watched that food network guy eat the hottest hamburger in america. what a way to end my day :)

tiffanie said...

ooh, we watch The Next Food Network Star, and HGTV Design Star, and Project Runway. and by "we" i mean, i watch them. blake likes food shows, tolerates the design shows, and has little interest in fashion shows!

CJ said...

Yes, that sounds like fun! You have it all together!

Holly Ramsey said...

I love all these! What a great doo-dad on the phone!