Friday, February 5, 2010

Poop on the ground...looking like a fool with your poop on the ground

(title stems from the american idol audition song "pants on the ground" check it out on youtube)

On a lighter note from my previous two posts, i thought i would share one of my recent adventures living with young boys.

I was standing in the kitchen after lunch. Price was upstairs. Quade was running around the house downstairs (around our little circle of hallways). I was holding watts and getting water ready for nap times when i hear a "splat" sound. followed by a little voice saying: "Need a new diaper"

I went in the downstairs hallway (where quade had just run through) to find the following.

yes, that is a diaper and yes those 3 little piles are poop that shot out from the diaper when it was dropped from the upstairs.

I was dumbfounded to say the least. Holding watts i just started pacing the hall, not knowing what to address first. I told quade how lucky he was to have just missed having poop on his head (of course he thought that was a hilarious idea) I decided that i needed to find price and clean him up before he sat anywhere...you can only imagine the damage a poopy bottom left uncovered can cause!

needless to say, it was all cleaned up and everyone survived the diaper bombing.

However, i will forever be more careful when walking that fateful hall. I will keep my eyes upward and vigilant, for fear of being the recipient of an unwanted surprise.

6 comments:

Erin said...

that is hilariously crazy!

Christina said...

it is good to have you back on blogger!
that is a hilarious story!!!!

Janel said...

ha! funny! I remember those days when they aren't potty trained but are old enough to take their own diaper off, and enjoy doing so. loved it that you paced the floor trying to figure out what to address first.

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Wow! That really got me laughing. I had a "poopy" experience this week too when Caroline figured out how to get her clothes and diaper off.

CJ said...

Gross and Hilarious!!! :)

Pamela said...

That is awesome. Totally awesome. :)