Friday, July 18, 2008

doing something right...

In the past few weeks i have been re-evaluating a lot of things in my life. One of these things is my parenting. I have felt like in the chaos of having a toddler and newborn i have just been trying to "get by" instead of building into these precious boys' lives.

Well today i had a few moments with quade that i don't want to forget so i'm documenting them here.
at lunch quade asked for some ketchup and when stephen, his older cousin, went to get it Quade sweetly said(without promping), "thank you stephen".

Then later in the lunch quade turns to stephen and says in a very sympathetic voice "stephen i'm sorry your house is broken". (stephen's parents recently found out they have foundation problems).

the biggest moment of the day was at nap time...
Quade has been giving us a harder time than normal going down for his nap. Today i had read him his story told him is was time to go to sleep and usually he screams and tells me he wants me to sleep with him.

I was fully expecting this behavior and was ready with my firm "quade it's time to go to sleep".

INSTEAD he says "mommy i want Jesus in my tummy".

Wow! this is it, the big moment!

H: "okay quade then let's pray together. you say what i say. dear jesus..."
Q: "dear jesus"
H: "please come into my heart...
Q: "please come into my heart...
H: " and forgive me of my sins."
Q: "and forgive me of my sins so i can see you in heaven. Amen" =) (he added his own ending).

Then the conversation continued from there. he was so sweet and took it very seriously. He was so excited that jesus was in his heart now. He asked if his friend Andrew had jesus in his heart. I told him yes. He asked about his friend Cale and i told him that Cale may ask jesus in his heart when he gets a little older. Quade said he would tell Cale about Jesus. We talked for 10 minutes and it was the most precious conversation.

After covering his face in kisses I said okay it's time to take a nap.
He said "Jesus in my heart is going to take a nap, but i'm not tired." HA!

These are the moments that make all the exhausting times worth it!

4 comments:

Janel said...

Wow, Heather! That is precious! I am so excited for him and you all! You must be reflecting Jesus in a good way. good job, keep it up! Our children are precious and priceless gifts God has given us..and you are doing great!

Deatherage Cafe said...

awww! What inspiration for this soon-to-be mom!!!

Pamela said...

And he saw Cale today and asked him if he had Jesus in his heart! Great follow through. Way to go Quade, you evangelize!
Pamela

tiffanie said...

wow, how sweet. he already has a heart for evangelism. :)