Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fun Family weekend filled with friends, food, fall and the fair

Well, last Thursday I had a rough mommy day (as several of you witnessed...since I cried at playgroup AND bible study). I contributed my tears to sleep deprivation, hormones, and toddler woes!
ANYWAY...I appreciate all your support and prayers b/c we had an absolutely wonderful family weekend.

Friday:
Friday started with a visit from a friend from Callier, Delva Culp. She and I shared a closet at work and are fellow alums! She was so sweet to drive down from Denton (waiting in traffic for 1 1/2 hours!) to bring the boys gifts (including the adorable knit hat that SHE MADE!) and to bring us food. Thanks Delva! Oh, she also gave me great advice for how to help with Quade!
That evening the sweet Adkison family brought us dinner and we invited them to stay and eat with us. Did I mention that Andrew made us a two-layer cake? Impressive...

Saturday:
This day started off with me having slept from 10 pm to 3:30 am! I felt great! We went out for our normal breakfast at Cafe Brazil. Then we headed out to the fair! Bruce grew up in Texas and has lived in Dallas for almost 6 years and he had NEVER been to the fair. So it was super fun to take him. It was beautiful outside. Cool and sunny...yea fall is here!

If you can't read the sign, "Fried marshmallows, Fried Snickers, Fried Pralines, Fried Oreos"! Um, Yeah...unfortunately it was still a bit early in the morning for me to try any of these forbidden treats. However, an hour later I got myself a Jumbo turkey leg (see below).

So sweet! Quade's line "Big cowboy, hat, talking"

Saturday night our friend Holly offered to come and watch the boys so we could go out on a little date. Needless to say we took her up on it! We went to a place we would highly recommend: Times Ten Cellar wine bar (http://www.timestencellar.com/). We sat outside on their patio sipped wine and had a flourless chocolate cake...yummy!

Sunday:

After church we went to the park for lunch with our friends the Kruses and their 3 boys. It was an absolutely beautiful day.

That afternoon I took a nice nap and then Bruce watched the boys while I went out to dinner with some of the girls from our small group. We went to Sangria (a tapas restaurant). We sat out on the patio, had great food and fabulous conversation.

So a wonderful weekend all in all and to top it off...

Monday: Quade was good at school!! yea Quade!

AND...Monday night Price slept from 11 to 5!!! YEA PRICE!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am SO glad that Quade was good in school on Monday! Very good for you, I know. That was a great weekend! It could have only been made better if you had seen the Morgans...

Janel said...

Heather, I am so glad you had such a good weekend. Getting outside in beautiful weather is great for the spirits! It made me wish that I could come see you guys:)