Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Faith of our Fathers for a tired preggo momma

The last 2 Sundays we have had a guest speaker at church, Dr. Abe Kuruvilla, from Dallas Theological Seminary. The overarching topic of his talks has been "Faith of our Fathers". The first week was focused on Abraham and the second was on Isaac.

What has struck me the most from his sermons is that these 2 men of God forgot God's promises to them and took matters in their own hands.
Both Abraham and Isaac had moments of weakness where they forgot that God promised them descendents and lied about their wives. They didn't trust that God would take care of them.

I find this fitting in my current "waiting" situation.

Saturday i went to the hospital thinking that i was in labor but was sadly sent home. Since Saturday i have been contracting regularly and not sleeping. I have been in a bad state mentally thinking that this baby is never going to come out (of course i know he is...but feels like never).

These are the things i'm learning from my spiritual fathers:
1) I need to make sure i remind myself of God's past faithfulness...He has brought me 2 beautiful boys in their own unique way and timing. If He was faithful in those deliveries, will he not also be faithful to deliver for this child?

2) I also need to remember His promises. My dad sent me this verse: “Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? Saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? Saith thy God”. He ensures to fulfills his promises and he always brings babies forth! amen! =)

I went to see the doc this morning and she said despite all the contractions i was still only 1-2 cm dialated. She said that he was playing tricks on me. She prescribed me a sleeping pill to take (took it an 1/2 hour ago and my eyes are already getting blurry). Hopefully i get a good night's sleep and maybe delivery this baby tomorrow? But if not then i will trust Watts will be born on the perfect day!

nighty night...this ambien rocks!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

the last days are truly endless. I will pray for some rest and sleep for you while you wait.

Sarah said...

Great thoughts, Heather. I'm sorry that you're having to wait and go through the contractions and sleeplessness! But I admire the perspective you're taking. I predict you'll have Watts on Monday because that's the day I'm having my c-section for this breech little girl of mine. I'm thinking of you a lot and praying for you!