Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Watts Corban MacFadyen...newest clan member

It was a week of contractions but once we got to L&D and they didn't send me home it was only 2 hours until he arrived!


Around 6:30 am i received an epidural...much better from the one i had with Price. It was the same anesthesiologist i had with Quade...we love him!

Around 7 am i felt a strong "kick"...turns out it was my water breaking. Didn't realize it was my water until about 20 minutes later. I told the nurse that i could feel the contractions stronger through the epidural so she checked me and saw the water had broken and that i was completely dialated.
My doctor (whom i love!) came in around 8 am. We started pushing around 8:05 and

Watts made his appearance at 8:17 am weighing 9lbs 7oz and 22 inches long!


He is a big boy who loves to eat and loves to be held. I think by your 3rd child you realize that holding them a lot at that the beginning is not going to spoil them. =)



The older brothers came up to our postpartum room to meet Watts around 11:30 am. Quade's first comment was "Oh, baby watts is so cute! look at his tiny feet!". Price was not interested at first but by the time they left was saying hi baby watts and wanting to give him kisses. I think he was following in his older bro's footsteps (thanks quade for being a great example of a big brother).

To be honest I have loved my time in the hospital...i get to lay in bed all day, they bring me food, i visit with friends, i cuddle with my new baby, watch t.v., sleep...they even have a towel warmer in the bathroom! It's a mommy vacation!

I need to thank my mom for all the time she has spent with the boys. I'm sure she is exhausted but it has been nice to be able to just relax and recuperate.

Here is our new family of 5!

1 comment:

CJ said...

Very Darling! Congrats!! I don't know how you do it! :) Your an awesome mom!