Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lunch container mystery...solved!

I know you have all been staying up late at night, tossing and turning in your beds awaiting my next posting to reveal which container is actually "bigger".

Well, i conducted the official water experiment (using a standard glass liquid measuring cup). By my surprise in regards to liquid capacity the two containers were EQUAL! (the long, narrow container required 2 more drops of water, but considering the confidence interval, accounting for any spills and experimenter error, they were relatively equal).

However, in regards to bulky, solid objects I believe that i can "fit" more into the long, narrow container. Also, for my little toddler son, I can fool him into believing there is actually more in the long container (given the longer surface area).

Thank you all for your input and appeasing my silly mind.

1 comment:

tiffanie said...

thank you, thank you. i can go sleep soundly now. ha ha.