Wednesday, May 9, 2007

my new enterprise...

move over sprinkles. here comes something yummier (and cuter):


"how adorable" you may exclaim! well, i created several of these lovely delicacies for a baby shower last weekend. The entire production process got me thinking that perhaps there is real money to be made in the cupcake business. The cost per cupcake was less than $1...i think i could charge $3 to 4! what a profit!


But then there is labor time involved, and the 'hired help' (aka Amber Lee) to make the adorable little booties and stars for the top.


All in all, i think that although it's fun to "create" something delicious and adorable, working as a speech-language pathologist is probably more lucrative than a cute cupcake corporation!

2 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I thought they were very yummy. I just saw the new "Sprinkles" in Preston Center. I will have to try it out though the line was very long so I need to figure out when it is not crowded.

Misty said...

These cupcakes were adorable! How did you get the ribbon to stay on the cup. I loved your idea so much I started experimenting so I could replicate...and my ribbon kept slipping right off.