Sunday, May 20, 2007

Phantom sounds

We have arrived safely in absolutely gorgeous Costa Rica. Last night at a wonderful dinner overlooking the ocean I realized something odd that your mind does to you. I swore I heard our cell phones vibrating. What's interesting about this is that 1)we didn't have them with us 2) they don't work down here 3)we needed this vacation. Then this morning i was laying in bed and i "heard" the sound that our alarm makes when someone opens and shuts the door to our house ("beep beep"). i'm sure sometime today while i'm at the pool i'll "hear" the sound of my sweet boy calling "momma".

My goal at the end of this trip is have cleared my mind of the cacophony of our busy lives in Dallas. So that when we return to Dallas I start to hear the phantom sounds of birds chirping, the ocean waves and ice clinking in my cool cabana drink.

4 comments:

Deatherage Cafe said...

oh, we miss miss you guys, but are so glad that you have this opportunity of quietness from the loud noises of Dallas! Can't wait to hear those fun MacFadyen stories about your trip when you get back. :)
erin d.

Jamie said...

oh, waves and tinkling ice in glasses sounds so so wonderful! Have a terrific trip! Do you look SO cute in your preggo bikini?

:) Jamie

Erin said...

Ooh, I want to see pics of you in your preggo bikini b/c I bet you do look so cute!!!

We also miss you guys! It sounds very relaxing there... I hope your Dallas "sounds" are quickly fading!

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I often "hear" Katherine over a baby moniter or while I am in the shower when she is sleeping soundly or not even in the house.