Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Poll: which is bigger?

I could really use some input on this important issue. Every time i make quade's lunch for mother's day out i have the same conundrum...which food container is larger. (editor note: Now, of course, i could pour water from one container into the other to figure out this simple issue. But it made me think...just looking at the two objects, which one looks bigger?) silly musings of a stay-at-home mom.


Quade likes fruit best so i want to use the biggest container for fruit.
I don't want to influence the opinions...but i do consistently choose one of the two for fruit.

8 comments:

Erin said...

I think the shorter, longer one is bigger but Clark thinks it is the other one. He says, put water in one then pour it in the other. Ever the scientist...

MacFadyen Clan said...

that's funny when i showed bruce the posting and asked him which he thought was bigger he said "i can show you how to figure it out". silly boys.

tiffanie said...

oh, i must think like a boy then... because i was going to suggest that.

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Probably the one on the right is larger because it is taller. But, if you are giving it to Quade, I would put the fruit in the one on the left. Since the surface area is bigger, it will appear like there is more fruit to him, even if there is not. I can't wait to find out the answer after you do the water experiment.

The Fanks said...

I think the square one, but I think like a near-nude supervillain. -a

The Fanks said...

man, i was going to suggest pouring water in one and then the other when i looked at your comments and saw that bruce AND clark AND tiffkin? all had already suggested it. that's what i get for being slow. and i'm married to a near-nude supervillain. that's fantastic.

oh, it's the rectangular one. -j

Jamie said...

Jeff would just raise his eyebrows if I ask...so I dare not ask...can't wait to find out as well...the suspense!

Janel said...

the one on the left!