Wednesday, September 12, 2007

where credit is due...


Well ya'll have been sweet in your comments on the blog. I wanted to make sure that i took time in this blog to acknowledge those who have helped make these first few days manageable and first few outings possible.

Nana and quade with the giraffe



My mom has been such a huge help. She watched quade for the days we were in the hospital and was even dedicated enough to take him to his first day of sunday school the day after price was born (our friends were shocked to see him there and were hoping Bruce hadn't left me at the hospital to bring quade to church!). Since we have been home mom has taken quade's monitor in her room and gotten up with him each morning. It has been so nice to be able to focus on price at night, sleep in a little, come downstairs and find quade finishing up breakfast. Then i get to sit on the couch and have a fabulous breakfast brought to me on a tray (this morning i had homemade french toast). She has also made us dinner each night, including some gigantic t-bone steaks! One more huge help has been having the extra hands to be able to take quade out of the house once and awhile. There are some pictures below of our trip to the zoo (which i would not have attempted if she was not here).



Nana and quade with the galapagos turtle



the brothers and the lion!


So, thanks mom!! you're the best and i don't know what i'm going to do when you live this weekend...i know i won't be eating french toast for breakfast that's for sure. =)


Obviously, Bruce has been a huge help as well. He has been very sweet and a huge emotional support. Since this time around we have had less family here while we were at the hospital we had some good time just he and I to hang out and recover. My last day at the hospital bruce surprised me with my most favorite dessert...a chocolate sack from Trulucks!! yummy! On tuesday he surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. He has been such a trooper trying to balance work and home and has been sweet enough to drive me to price's doctor's appointments this week. Here are some pics from price's first doctor's appt.


Love you bruce!!

Dr. moore checking out price's back (i think that's what he's doing?clark and joel may have more insight on this one)

getting his ticker checked out...doc said it sounded great!

3 comments:

Erin said...

What a great Nana! A sweet mom to come be such a huge help - I agree, I don't know what I would have done without my mom when Corinne was born.

Carrie said...

what a blessing your mom and bruce have been. so thankful that you have both of them to help you transition. that bruce is one of a kind ;)

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Wow! You guys are doing great. Taking a newborn to the zoo even with the help of Nana is an accomplishment. I am sure it is easier the second time around.