Sunday, March 2, 2008

Survivor



The boys checking out the river

I realized i am way behind in my "blogging" (a new verb). So here we go...



so sweet! we love this stroller, btw

Last weekend I had my BIG EVENT of the year...the 3 days in which i am not a stay-at-home mom. It's the convention for all Texas Speech-language pathologists and audiologists. I spoke 2x and was in charge of our grassroots booth (signing convention attendees up in our new software and sending emails to our legislators).


Anyway, this year the TSHA convention was in San Antonio. Since i am still nursing Price we decided to have my mom come and watch the boys with me down in San Antonio.

my mom took the boys to the San Antonio children's museum, quade loved it

She needs to receive a reward for all she went through over the weekend: cancelled flight, lost baggage (staying up until 3 am waiting for it), long drive to and from San Antonio, watching a toddler and an infant for an entire day (7:30 am to 6 pm) and THEN getting food poisoning and having to watch a toddler and an infant between bathroom visits.



Quade enjoyed his room service breakfast...especially the 'hat'


Price enjoyed rolling under the bedskirt

Fortunately, the convention was a huge success. It revived a desire of mine to work in a university, teaching and working with students. It also felt soooo good to use my brain again and discuss research, etc with my "collegues".

Enjoying our free riverboat ride

THANK YOU MOM for letting me get my break in the series of 362 days of staying at home! (363 days this year i guess...leap year). This is the only pic I got of mom the whole weekend:

1 comment:

Erin said...

Okay, maybe I'm hormonal, but this post almost brought me to tears! I think b/c I know how good it feels to use other parts of your brain and how sweet it was of your mom to come and help you. You survived - and more importantly, your mom survived!