Monday, March 31, 2008

book meme

I just saw this on a random blog and it looked fun...


The rules of the meme are:
Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
Find page 123
Find the first 5 sentences
Post the next 3 sentences
Tag 5 people


Since my computer is in our "library" i'm surrounded by books. but the one that is actually laying on the desk is "The NEW Language of Toys: Teaching Communication Skills to Children with Special Needs" (i just pulled it out b/c i'm going to start a speech therapy tip blog for moms--> check it out soon http://www.talktips.blogspot.com/ ).


Anyway, here is my book meme:

"'Let's see if you can tell me what they are. Great-that's her eyes and her mouth and that one is her nose.' (You repeat them only after your child has already told them to you)."


For context the above quote is from the 24 to 36 month section on tips for using Mr. Potato Head to work on expressive language.


I tag:
Christina
Erin M.
Sarah N.
Holly
Janel

3 comments:

Amy said...

I know you didn't tag me, but here's mine. From Bible (yep closest book to the computer). "Go, worship the Lord as you requested. Take your flocks and hears, as ou have said, and go. And also bless me." Exodus 12:31-32

tiffanie said...

there are only 6 sentences total (there's a large picture above it)... the one sentence after the first 5 says:

"Gardening: Borage is regarded as an excellent companion plant in the garden, especially when it is planted near strawberries."

it's from "The A-Z of Garden Flowers." i sit my computer on it so that it doesn't overheat. ha.

Janel said...

Ok, my book that I am reading is called "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth"...
"I kept trying to stay focused and relaxed, but it was hard to do. The contractions were strong--like nothing I had ever felt before. Sometimes they felt like strong cramps."